Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Atlas

So I realize it's been forever since my last posting. Like almost 2 years. I apologize to anyone who has been offended by my absence, but I am going to go ahead and write this entry as if no time has passed at all. (Brief update after puppy pictures.)

So, Steve and I got a dog!
His name is Atlas. He's a 3.5-month old Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog. (Come again?) Yes, that's right. An Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog. The opportunity to give this cutie a good home kind of feel into our laps, and we'd been talking about getting a pup for quite some time. He's very smart, and really mellow most of the time, unless he sees a potential playmate (or so he thinks), then all bets are off. He's pretty gigantic already, but he will probably be over 100 pounds when he's full grown. We put a lot of time into teaching him good manners while we can still control him. We love him to pieces!!

School is quite the doozy this semester with organic chemistry, physics, and genetics/molecular bio, plus shadowing and volunteering as much as possible, work, and the LA Bach Festival. Yeah, maybe not the best time to get a puppy. I honestly wouldn't be able to handle it if Steve weren't such an awesome and responsible person.

Anyway, I will try to keep this updated as much as possible here on out. No promises, though. :)

(Steve graduated with his Master's Degree from CalArts last Spring; I graduated from CSULB in the fall of 2009, after which I started at CSU Fullerton in a post-baccalaureate premedical program. We live in Lakewood for the time being, until I get accepted into an awesome medical school and we move there. We have an awesome life.)

No comments: